Florida Atlantic @ Charlotte
Current Records: Florida Atlantic 3-3; Charlotte 4-2
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Charlotte 49ers are heading back home. Their week off comes to an end as they meet up with the Florida Atlantic Owls at 7:30 p.m. ET at Jerry Richardson Stadium on Thursday. Charlotte is out to stop a six-game streak of losses at home.
The 49ers netted a 45-33 win over the FIU Panthers last week. Charlotte’s QB Chris Reynolds did his thing and passed for four TDs and 203 yards on 27 attempts.
Charlotte’s defense was a presence as well, as it got past FIU’s offensive line to sack the quarterback five times for a total loss of 40 yards. Leading the way was DE Markees Watts and his two sacks. Watts now has three sacks through six games.
Meanwhile, the game between Florida Atlantic and the UAB Blazers last week was not a total blowout, but with the Owls falling 31-14 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one. QB N’Kosi Perry had a memorable game, but not in the way you want to be remembered: despite two touchdowns, he threw three interceptions and fumbled the ball once with only 193 yards passing.
The 49ers are expected to lose this next one by 7. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a two-game streak of ATS wins.
Charlotte is now 4-2 while Florida Atlantic sits at 3-3. Two defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Charlotte is stumbling into the contest with the 219th most rushing yards allowed per game in the nation, having given up 221.5 on average. Florida Atlantic has experienced some rushing struggles of their own as they are 205th worst in the nation in rushing touchdowns allowed, with 11 on the season. It’s possible one of these Achilles’ heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Jerry Richardson Stadium — Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Owls are a solid 7-point favorite against the 49ers, according to the latest college football odds.
Florida Atlantic have won four out of their last six games against Charlotte.
- Oct 03, 2020 – Florida Atlantic 21 vs. Charlotte 17
- Sep 28, 2019 – Florida Atlantic 45 vs. Charlotte 27
- Nov 24, 2018 – Charlotte 27 vs. Florida Atlantic 24
- Nov 25, 2017 – Florida Atlantic 31 vs. Charlotte 12
- Oct 09, 2016 – Charlotte 28 vs. Florida Atlantic 23
- Sep 26, 2015 – Florida Atlantic 17 vs. Charlotte 7