Valparaiso @ Drake
Current Records: Valparaiso 3-4; Drake 3-3
What to Know
The Drake Bulldogs and the Valparaiso Brown and Gold are even-steven against one another since January of 2018 (4-4), but not for long. Drake and the Brown and Gold will face off in a Missouri Valley battle at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Knapp Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Bulldogs winning the first 80-77 and Valpo taking the second 74-57.
It was close but no cigar for Drake as they fell 57-54 to the North Texas Mean Green on Sunday.
Meanwhile, Valpo was fully in charge on Saturday, breezing past the Trinity Christian Trolls 106-69 at home.
Drake is the favorite in this one, with an expected 13.5-point margin of victory. Now might not be the best time to take Drake against the spread since they’ve let down bettors for the past four consecutive games.
Valparaiso’s win lifted them to 3-4 while Drake’s defeat dropped them down to 3-3. We’ll see if the Brown and Gold can repeat their recent success or if the Bulldogs bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Knapp Center — Des Moines, Iowa
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.00
The Bulldogs are a big 13.5-point favorite against the Brown and Gold, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Bulldogs as a 14.5-point favorite.
Drake and Valparaiso both have four wins in their last eight games.
- Feb 07, 2021 – Valparaiso 74 vs. Drake 57
- Feb 06, 2021 – Drake 80 vs. Valparaiso 77
- Feb 19, 2020 – Drake 77 vs. Valparaiso 75
- Jan 11, 2020 – Valparaiso 66 vs. Drake 61
- Feb 16, 2019 – Drake 84 vs. Valparaiso 79
- Jan 26, 2019 – Drake 70 vs. Valparaiso 59
- Feb 24, 2018 – Valparaiso 69 vs. Drake 64
- Jan 10, 2018 – Valparaiso 77 vs. Drake 60
Injury Report for Drake
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Valparaiso
- Emil Freese-Vilien: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)
- Kobe King: Out (Undisclosed)