Through 1 Quarter
The Kansas City Chiefs can’t call it a day yet, but they are winning as expected. they have a bit of a cushion as they currently lead the Denver Broncos 10 to nothing after one quarter
Kansas City has been led by QB Patrick Mahomes, who so far has accumulated 88 passing yards in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown. Mahomes has been efficient, with a passer rating of 118.40.
The Chiefs’ lead is the biggest they have had this season going into the second quarter.
Denver @ Kansas City
Current Records: Denver 6-5; Kansas City 7-4
What to Know
The Denver Broncos are 0-10 against the Kansas City Chiefs since November of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit Sunday. Denver and Kansas City will face off in an AFC West battle at 8:20 p.m. ET at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. The Broncos have a defense that allows only 17.82 points per game, so Kansas City’s offense will have their work cut out for them.
Denver didn’t have too much trouble with the Los Angeles Chargers at home last week as they won 28-13. Denver can attribute much of their success to RB Javonte Williams, who punched in one rushing touchdown, and QB Teddy Bridgewater, who passed for one TD and 129 yards on 18 attempts in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown. Bridgewater ended up with a passer rating of 139.60.
Meanwhile, the Chiefs had a touchdown and change to spare in a 19-9 victory over the Dallas Cowboys two weeks ago. The squad ran away with 16 points in the first half and mostly just sat on those in the second to pick up the win. No one had a standout game offensively for Kansas City, but they got scores from TE Travis Kelce and RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
The Broncos are expected to lose this next one by 9.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 2-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
The wins brought Denver up to 6-5 and Kansas City to 7-4. Denver is 3-2 after wins this season, the Chiefs 3-3.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 8:20 p.m. ET
- Where: GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium — Kansas City, Missouri
- TV: NBC
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $125.00
The Chiefs are a big 9.5-point favorite against the Broncos, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 9.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See NFL picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Kansas City have won 11 out of their last 12 games against Denver.
- Dec 06, 2020 – Kansas City 22 vs. Denver 16
- Oct 25, 2020 – Kansas City 43 vs. Denver 16
- Dec 15, 2019 – Kansas City 23 vs. Denver 3
- Oct 17, 2019 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 6
- Oct 28, 2018 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 23
- Oct 01, 2018 – Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 23
- Dec 31, 2017 – Kansas City 27 vs. Denver 24
- Oct 30, 2017 – Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 19
- Dec 25, 2016 – Kansas City 33 vs. Denver 10
- Nov 27, 2016 – Kansas City 30 vs. Denver 27
- Nov 15, 2015 – Kansas City 29 vs. Denver 13
- Sep 17, 2015 – Denver 31 vs. Kansas City 24