How to watch UT Martin vs. Belmont basketball game
By Scout Staff
1 min read
Belmont @ UT Martin
Current Records: Belmont 11-3; UT Martin 6-8
What to Know
The Belmont Bruins are 8-0 against the UT Martin Skyhawks since January of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success on Saturday. The Bruins and UT Martin will face off in an Ohio Valley battle at 4:30 p.m. ET at Skyhawk Arena. Belmont won both of their matches against UT Martin last season (90-69 and 89-69) and is aiming for the same result this time around.
Belmont entered their matchup on Thursday as the heavy favorite, and they fully lived up to expectations. They couldn’t have asked for a better start to 2022 than the 102-62 stomp they dished out against the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at home.
Meanwhile, UT Martin didn’t have too much trouble with the Tennessee State Tigers on the road on Thursday as they won 94-78.
The Bruins are now 11-3 while the Skyhawks sit at 6-8. A couple numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Belmont enters the contest with 82.1 points per game on average, good for 20th best in college basketball. Less enviably, UT Martin is stumbling into the game with the 52nd most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 73.8 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 4:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Skyhawk Arena — Martin, Tennessee
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Belmont have won all of the games they’ve played against UT Martin in the last eight years.
- Jan 09, 2021 – Belmont 89 vs. UT Martin 69
- Jan 02, 2021 – Belmont 90 vs. UT Martin 69
- Jan 11, 2020 – Belmont 85 vs. UT Martin 78
- Feb 28, 2019 – Belmont 112 vs. UT Martin 67
- Feb 02, 2019 – Belmont 82 vs. UT Martin 67
- Dec 30, 2017 – Belmont 65 vs. UT Martin 58
- Jan 05, 2017 – Belmont 83 vs. UT Martin 67
- Jan 21, 2016 – Belmont 82 vs. UT Martin 72