Nebraska @ Purdue
Current Records: Nebraska 6-11; Purdue 13-2
What to Know
The Nebraska Cornhuskers are 2-6 against the #7 Purdue Boilermakers since January of 2016, but they’ll have a chance to close the gap a little bit on Friday. The Cornhuskers and Purdue will face off in a Big Ten battle at 6:30 p.m. ET at Mackey Arena. Purdue will be strutting in after a victory while Nebraska will be stumbling in from a loss.
Nebraska came up short against the Illinois Fighting Illini on Tuesday, falling 81-71. The top scorer for Nebraska was guard Bryce McGowens (19 points).
Meanwhile, the Boilermakers were able to grind out a solid win over the Penn State Nittany Lions this past Saturday, winning 74-67. Purdue’s forward Trevion Williams did his thing and had 21 points along with nine boards.
The Cornhuskers are now 6-11 while Purdue sits at 13-2. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Nebraska is stumbling into the contest with the ninth most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 78.4 on average. Purdue’s offense has more to brag about, as they they rank fifth in college basketball when it comes to points per game, with 85.1 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 6:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Mackey Arena — West Lafayette, Indiana
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
Purdue have won six out of their last eight games against Nebraska.
- Feb 20, 2021 – Purdue 75 vs. Nebraska 58
- Dec 15, 2019 – Nebraska 70 vs. Purdue 56
- Feb 23, 2019 – Purdue 75 vs. Nebraska 72
- Feb 09, 2019 – Purdue 81 vs. Nebraska 62
- Jan 06, 2018 – Purdue 74 vs. Nebraska 62
- Jan 29, 2017 – Nebraska 83 vs. Purdue 80
- Mar 01, 2016 – Purdue 81 vs. Nebraska 62
- Jan 30, 2016 – Purdue 89 vs. Nebraska 74