Montana @ Portland State
Current Records: Montana 11-6; Portland State 4-9
What to Know
After two games on the road, the Portland State Vikings are heading back home. Portland State and the Montana Grizzlies will face off in a Big Sky battle at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday at The Viking Pavilion. The teams split their matchups last year, with Montana winning the first 70-64 and the Vikings taking the second 61-56.
Portland State came up short against the Southern Utah Thunderbirds on Monday, falling 86-76.
Meanwhile, Montana came up short against the Montana State Bobcats last week, falling 66-59.
Portland State is expected to lose this next one by 4. At 0-3 against the spread at home, they are no cash cow. That said, the Grizzlies aren’t so hot on the road, where they are 2-5-1.
The losses put the Vikings at 4-9 and Montana at 11-6. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Portland State enters the game with nine steals per game on average, good for 29th best in college basketball. But Montana ranks third in college basketball when it comes to steals given up per game, with only four on average. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: The Viking Pavilion — Portland, Oregon
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Grizzlies are a 4-point favorite against the Vikings, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Grizzlies as a 3.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Montana have won seven out of their last 12 games against Portland State.
- Feb 06, 2021 – Portland State 61 vs. Montana 56
- Feb 04, 2021 – Montana 70 vs. Portland State 64
- Jan 30, 2020 – Portland State 88 vs. Montana 81
- Jan 13, 2020 – Montana 85 vs. Portland State 70
- Mar 07, 2019 – Portland State 81 vs. Montana 69
- Jan 05, 2019 – Portland State 77 vs. Montana 74
- Feb 08, 2018 – Montana 80 vs. Portland State 60
- Jan 13, 2018 – Montana 92 vs. Portland State 89
- Feb 18, 2017 – Montana 85 vs. Portland State 82
- Jan 19, 2017 – Portland State 88 vs. Montana 79
- Feb 06, 2016 – Montana 82 vs. Portland State 80
- Jan 07, 2016 – Montana 79 vs. Portland State 66
Injury Report for Portland State
No Injury Information
Injury Report for Montana
- Scott Blakney: Game-Time Decision (Hand)