California Baptist @ New Mexico St.
Current Records: California Baptist 12-9; New Mexico St. 17-3
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the California Baptist Lancers will be on the road. California Baptist and the New Mexico St. Aggies will face off in a WAC battle at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Pan American Center. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Lancers winning the first 85-75 and New Mexico St. taking the second 97-70.
California Baptist was close but no cigar on Saturday as they fell 81-77 to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks.
Meanwhile, New Mexico St. was able to grind out a solid victory over the Grand Canyon Antelopes on Saturday, winning 71-61.
California Baptist is the clear underdog, so they’re hoping it’s the size of the fight that determines this one. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The Lancers are now 12-9 while the Aggies sit at 17-3. New Mexico St. is 13-3 after wins this year, and California Baptist is 4-4 after losses.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Pan American Center — Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Aggies are a big 11.5-point favorite against the Lancers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
Bettors have moved against the Aggies slightly, as the game opened with the Aggies as a 13-point favorite.
New Mexico St. have won four out of their last six games against California Baptist.
- Feb 06, 2021 – New Mexico St. 97 vs. California Baptist 70
- Feb 05, 2021 – California Baptist 85 vs. New Mexico St. 75
- Mar 05, 2020 – New Mexico St. 83 vs. California Baptist 50
- Jan 04, 2020 – New Mexico St. 86 vs. California Baptist 71
- Mar 09, 2019 – New Mexico St. 75 vs. California Baptist 63
- Jan 03, 2019 – California Baptist 82 vs. New Mexico St. 76
Injury Report for New Mexico St.
- Marsei Caston: Out for the Season (Not Injury Related)
Injury Report for California Baptist
- Taran Armstrong: Game-Time Decision (Undisclosed)