Gonzaga @ Brigham Young
Current Records: Gonzaga 18-2; Brigham Young 17-7
What to Know
The Brigham Young Cougars have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the #2 Gonzaga Bulldogs and are hoping to record their first win since Feb. 22 of 2020. BYU and the Bulldogs will face off in a West Coast battle at 10 p.m. ET this past Saturday at Marriott Center. Gonzaga will be strutting in after a victory while the Cougars will be stumbling in from a defeat.
BYU entered their contest against the San Francisco Dons this past Thursday without any home losses — but there’s a first time for everything. BYU lost to San Francisco at home by a decisive 73-59 margin. A silver lining for BYU was the play of guard Alex Barcello, who had 25 points.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs entered their game this past Thursday as the heavy favorite, and they fully lived up to the hype. They put the hurt on the San Diego Toreros with a sharp 92-62 victory. It was another big night for Gonzaga’s center Chet Holmgren, who dropped a double-double on 23 points and 12 rebounds along with four blocks.
BYU found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 110-84 punch to the gut against Gonzaga in the teams’ previous meeting in January. Maybe BYU will have more luck at home instead of on the road? Watch the matchup and check back on CBS Sports for all the details.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Marriott Center — Provo, Utah
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.00
The Bulldogs are a big 13-point favorite against the Cougars, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 13-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Gonzaga have won 13 out of their last 16 games against Brigham Young.
- Jan 13, 2022 – Gonzaga 110 vs. Brigham Young 84
- Mar 09, 2021 – Gonzaga 88 vs. Brigham Young 78
- Feb 08, 2021 – Gonzaga 82 vs. Brigham Young 71
- Jan 07, 2021 – Gonzaga 86 vs. Brigham Young 69
- Feb 22, 2020 – Brigham Young 91 vs. Gonzaga 78
- Jan 18, 2020 – Gonzaga 92 vs. Brigham Young 69
- Feb 23, 2019 – Gonzaga 102 vs. Brigham Young 68
- Jan 31, 2019 – Gonzaga 93 vs. Brigham Young 63
- Mar 06, 2018 – Gonzaga 74 vs. Brigham Young 54
- Feb 24, 2018 – Gonzaga 79 vs. Brigham Young 65
- Feb 03, 2018 – Gonzaga 68 vs. Brigham Young 60
- Feb 25, 2017 – Brigham Young 79 vs. Gonzaga 71
- Feb 02, 2017 – Gonzaga 85 vs. Brigham Young 75
- Mar 07, 2016 – Gonzaga 88 vs. Brigham Young 84
- Feb 27, 2016 – Gonzaga 71 vs. Brigham Young 68
- Jan 14, 2016 – Brigham Young 69 vs. Gonzaga 68
Injury Report for Brigham Young
- Te’Jon Lucas: Out (Undisclosed)
- Richard Harward: Out for the Season (Illness)
- Gavin Baxter: Out for the Season (Knee)
Injury Report for Gonzaga
- Dominick Harris: Out (Foot)
- Kaden Perry: Out (Back)