How to watch Nets vs. Mavericks basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Through 1 Quarter
The Brooklyn Nets were expected to take an ‘L’ in this one, but so far it isn’t playing out to script. They have emerged as the frontrunner after one quarter and are ahead of the Dallas Mavericks 30-23. The Nets have been relying on the performance of center Andre Drummond, who has eight points along with ten rebounds.
Both Brooklyn and Dallas padded the win column in their previous outings. It’s looking like Brooklyn will be able to keep the momentum, but Dallas still has three quarters to right the ship.
Dallas @ Brooklyn
Current Records: Dallas 42-26; Brooklyn 36-33
What to Know
The Brooklyn Nets are getting right back to it as they host the Dallas Mavericks at 7:30 p.m. ET March 16 at Barclays Center. Brooklyn is out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
Everything came up roses for the Nets on the road against the Orlando Magic on Tuesday as the squad secured a 150-108 victory. With Brooklyn ahead 86-56 at the half, the contest was all but over already. Point guard Kyrie Irving took over for Brooklyn, finishing with 60 points (a whopping 40% of their total) in addition to six rebounds.
Meanwhile, things were close when Dallas and the Boston Celtics clashed on Sunday, but Dallas ultimately edged out the opposition 95-92. The Mavericks’ point guard Luka Doncic did his thing and had 26 points and eight assists along with eight boards.
The Nets are expected to lose this next one by 3. Their home court has been no bettor’s paradise, as they’ve failed to beat the spread in 25 of their 32 home games.
Their wins bumped Brooklyn to 36-33 and Dallas to 42-26. On Tuesday Brooklyn relied heavily on Uncle Drew, who shot 8-for-12 from downtown and finished with 60 points and six rebounds. It will be up to Dallas’ defense to limit his damage Wednesday.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Barclays Center — Brooklyn, New York
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $43.20
The Mavericks are a 3-point favorite against the Nets, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Mavericks, as the game opened with the Mavericks as a 1.5-point favorite.
Dallas have won eight out of their last 12 games against Brooklyn.
- Dec 07, 2021 – Brooklyn 102 vs. Dallas 99
- May 06, 2021 – Dallas 113 vs. Brooklyn 109
- Feb 27, 2021 – Dallas 115 vs. Brooklyn 98
- Jan 02, 2020 – Dallas 123 vs. Brooklyn 111
- Mar 04, 2019 – Brooklyn 127 vs. Dallas 88
- Nov 21, 2018 – Dallas 119 vs. Brooklyn 113
- Mar 17, 2018 – Brooklyn 114 vs. Dallas 106
- Nov 29, 2017 – Brooklyn 109 vs. Dallas 104
- Mar 19, 2017 – Dallas 111 vs. Brooklyn 104
- Mar 10, 2017 – Dallas 105 vs. Brooklyn 96
- Jan 29, 2016 – Dallas 91 vs. Brooklyn 79
- Dec 23, 2015 – Dallas 119 vs. Brooklyn 118
Injury Report for Brooklyn
- Seth Curry: Out (Ankle)
- David Duke: Out (Ankle)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: Out (Hip)
- Kyrie Irving: Out (Not Injury Related)
- Ben Simmons: Out (Back)
- Joe Harris: Out for the Season (Ankle)
Injury Report for Dallas
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Personal)
- Theo Pinson: Out (Finger)
- Marquese Chriss: Out (Knee)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Foot)