Ryan Garcia is set to make his return to the ring on Saturday night in Texas. The rising lightweight contender is back after over a year away while dealing with injuries and mental-health issues. Now, he has his sights set on a successful return before challenging for titles at 135 pounds.
In his way stands Emmanuel Tagoe, the native of Ghana who previously held one of those coveted lightweight titles from 2016 to 2018. After losing his pro debut, Tagoe has ripped off 32 straight victories while providing stiff challenges for anyone standing across from him.
The action is all set to go down from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday night. The undercard action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET with the main event ring walks expected at approximately 11:15 p.m. ET. The rest of the fight card and viewing information is listed below.
- Date: April 9 | Location: Alamodome — San Antonio, Texas
- Start time: 9 p.m. ET (main event set for approximately 11:15 p.m. ET)
- How to watch/stream: DAZN (subscribe now)
Garcia vs. Tagoe fight card, odds
- Ryan Garcia -1600 vs. Emmanuel Tagoe +900, catchweights (139 pounds)
- Gabriel Rosado -300 vs. Shane Mosley Jr. +240, super middleweights
- Marlen Esparza (c) -260 vs. Naoko Fujioka (c) +210, women’s flyweight unification