The worst feeling in Fantasy is when you spend a high draft pick on a player, give up on them too early, and then watch them boom on someone else’s roster. That’s why we preach caution early in the season, even if the results are disastrous. For Allen Robinson those disastrous results have gone on for too long to ignore.
Robinson has somehow been worse in Los Angeles than he was for the Bears. He’s averaging fewer yards per target, catch, and game than he did in 2021. His catch rate has fallen to an abysmal 50% and he’s only seen more than five targets once all season.
While Matthew Stafford and the Rams offense have all kinds of problems outside of Cooper Kupp, it’s hard to blame Robinson’s performance on those problems. Matthew Stafford has had considerably more success throwing to Tyler Higbee and Ben Skowronek than he has to Robinson. The 29-year-old has now produced just 49 catches for 542 yards and two touchdowns over his last 17 NFL games.
Is there hope for Robinsons still? Maybe as a low-volume touchdown-dependent flex. When a player at this stage of his career is this bad for this long, they rarely rebound. You can feel safe dropping Robinson for someone who may actually help your Fantasy team.
Here is the rest of the Week 5 WR Preview:
Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Week 5 WR Preview
The following players are not being projected to play Week 5 at this time. Here’s what it means:
Numbers to Know
- 11 — Season-high 11 targets for D.J. Moore in Week 4, though three of those were batted at the line of scrimmage and two of the 11 resulted in interceptions.
- 33% — George Pickens‘ target share with Kenny Pickett at quarterback.
- 2 – Two targets, zero catches for Chase Claypool in Week 4.
- 50.2 — The Ravens have allowed the most PPR Fantasy points per game to wide receivers.
- 96% — Romeo Doubs played 96% of the snaps for the Packers in Week 4.
- 34% — Drake London has earned a 34% target share this season, only Cooper Kupp has been targeted at a higher rate.
Matchups that matter
Waiver Wire Targets